Re: [DISCUSSION] What should we do with undocumented x^(superscript insi

From: Fraga, Eric
Subject: Re: [DISCUSSION] What should we do with undocumented x^(superscript inside /round/ braces) syntax?
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 18:15:58 +0000

On Saturday, 17 Feb 2024 at 14:06, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> Inconsistent with LaTeX syntax, Org mode not only allows
> x^{superscript}, but also x^(superscript) with round braces used for
> grouping.

Inconsistent with LaTeX is not a sufficient reason for removing this, in
my opinion.  Org has /dwim/ elements which make it easier to write some
expressions than in LaTeX.  Another example is ~x^-1~ which works as I
want but would make no sense in LaTeX (where only the "-" would be
superscripted, not the 1).

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.6.18-1158-g8e2ed4 in Emacs 30.0.50