Re: When closing an org file, if the file contains Chinese characters, i

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: When closing an org file, if the file contains Chinese characters, it always prompts me to choose an encoding system.
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 17:36:08 +0000

fang yu <smartcarnew@aliyun.com> writes:

> I encountered an issue while using org-mode. Whenever the file contains
> Chinese characters, it always prompts me to choose an encoding system.
>
> My emacs version is 29.2 and my org-mode version is 9.6.15, and  I have
> language environment setting below
>
> ;; set language environment
> (set-language-environment 'UTF-8)
> (set-locale-environment "UTF-8”)
> Can anyone tell me if there is a way to solve this problem? Thank you in
> advance.

This is unlikely anything related to Org mode. Something about Emacs
language config.

I personally have
(set-language-environment "English")
(prefer-coding-system 'utf-8)
(add-to-list 'file-coding-system-alist '("\\.org" utf-8))
in my config.
Although, it is copy-pasted from somewhere.

It may help to study the output of M-x describe-language-environment
while inside Org buffer.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,