Re: [FR] Add a way to mark an item in a checklist as failed

From: Sławomir Grochowski
Subject: Re: [FR] Add a way to mark an item in a checklist as failed
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 22:26:35 +0100

Rudi C <rudiwillalwaysloveyou@gmail.com> writes:

> I also use the partial tick for partial completion of tasks, so I cannot
> abuse it for marking failed tasks. :wry_smile:

That's interesting. Can you show some examples?

So 4 state checkbox?
Search the net. e.g.
https://ux.stackexchange.com/questions/144576/how-to-visually-represent-4-state-checkbox

"Checkboxes have long-been established to have 3 states: checked,
unchecked, and mixed (with the horizontal line). Changing this
behavior is confusing and should be avoided."

I also miss this failed state a bit. But indeed it's getting a little
too complicated.

What others think?

--
Sławomir Grochowski