Re: Radio links work only in small numbers

From: nobiot
Subject: Re: Radio links work only in small numbers
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2024 17:33:29 +0100

Hi Ihor, Rudy, and everyone,

> May you try the attached patch?

I would love to help this patch move forward and would be happy to try
the patch, if this is not going to waste anyone's time:

(1) I took the liberty of creating two test Org files we can use on
    sr.ht: https://git.sr.ht/~nobiot/org-radio-links-patch-20240228/tree

    The two files, `500-terms.org`  and `5000-terms.org`, contain 500
    and 5000 radio targets respectively.

    Both files have two H1 headlines "Definitions" and "Body text". Once
    you open the file, call `M-x org-update-radio-target-regexp`. For
    500 entries, radio targets work beautifully; for the 5000 entries, I
    get 'org-element-context: Invalid regexp: "Regular expression too
    big"' error.

(2) I am struggling to apply the patch cleanly to the current HEAD of
    Org-mode source. I git-cloned the source from
    https://git.sr.ht/~bzg/org-mode (commit 755fef38f Merge branch
    'bugfix').

    Which commit can I test the patch? I'd appreciate some guidance
    here.

    I use Magit and use "W" -> "a" -> "a" to apply the
    plain patch file. I "get error: patch failed:
    testing/lisp/test-org-element.el:2378". If I delete the hunk in the
    patch for test-org-element.el, I then get "error: patch failed:
    lisp/org.el:5705" on this latest commit.

Kind regards,
nobiot