[DISCUSSION] Face priority in Org fontification (was: [BUG] org dates, r

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: [DISCUSSION] Face priority in Org fontification (was: [BUG] org dates, radio links, and special keywords override heading backgrounds [9.7 (9.7-??-902dacb @ /home/st/.config/emacs/.local/straight/build-30.0.50/org/)])
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2024 10:32:38 +0000

StrawberryTea <look@strawberrytea.xyz> writes:

> Hello. Currently, if you have a heading background, and you have a date,
> radio link, or special keyword, the background is overridden. I have
> attached a patch that fixes this issue by using the `prepend' property
> instead of the `t' property. Here is also a minimal example to reproduce
> the issue:

This is not an exhaustive list. We have a number of markup objects that
are fontified overriding the containing element/paragraph/heading face:

- target links
- timestamps
- footnotes
- radio targets
- macros
- inline export snippets

I am not 100% sure we should unconditionally prepend their faces to
the containing headline/table/etc.

CCing Protesilaos. This discussion might be of interest for him.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,