Footnotes on line and not raised

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Footnotes on line and not raised
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 09:56:14 +0000

I use footnotes as [fn:1], etc. in an org-mode file which I then export
to html. In the output, I see the footnotes raised slightly above the
line. I do not want this. Instead, I would like the footnotes to be on
the line. Is this possible?

I have read the doc strings associated with the variables
`org-footnote-define-inline' and `org-footnote-auto-adjust', but,
frankly, I am none the wiser.

Best Wishes,

Colin Baxter.