Re: Re: Strange behaviour detected today

From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
Subject: Re: Re: Strange behaviour detected today
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 18:54:17 +0100

Hi,

> Message: 15
> Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 13:53:38 +0100
> From: Detlev Zundel <dzu@member.fsf.org>
> To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
> Subject: Re: Strange behaviour detected today
>
> Hi,
>
> > Thanks a ton. I could bisect the issue and filed a bug yesterday. It
> > seems to be the same commit that broke the themes.
>
> May I ask what the outcome of all this was?  I am now seeing the same
> problem with Emacs from master as of today and wonder about the best way
> to solve this in the short and long term.
>
> Thanks in advance
>   Detlev
>
> [...]
>
> >  On Wed, 13 Dec 2023 at 15:57, William Denton <wtd@pobox.com> wrote:
> >
> >  On 13 December 2023, Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez wrote:
> >
> >  > I've recompiled emacs master today and when I try to export an org
> >  > presentation to latex and I get the following error:
> >  >
> >  > Exporting to LaTeX [class: beamer]...
> >  > set-face-attribute: Invalid face box: :line-width, 1, :color, grey40
> >  >
> >  > This happens when calling
> >  >
> >  > (org-beamer-export-to-latex)
> >  >
> >  > both from emacs in interactive and in batch mode.
> >
> >  Is that perhaps related to commit dcd755dabcf9ef95d6d0534c11c668f44c6f89c2, "Fix
> >  validation of :box face attribute"?  It caused similar errors in solarized-theme
> >  (for example this bug¹).
> >
> >  Bill

Just for the record. The root cause for this problem is a :color definition with is not a string.
So find the offending face definition and make sure the :color is a string,

Best, /PA
--
Fragen sind nicht da, um beantwortet zu werden,
Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet