Re: Strange behaviour detected today

From: Detlev Zundel
Subject: Re: Strange behaviour detected today
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 23:53:15 +0100

Hi Pedro Andres,

[...]

> Just for the record. The root cause for this problem is a :color definition
> with is not a string.
> So find the offending face definition and make sure the :color is a string,

Thanks for that useful tip which helped me to find the problem.  Indeed
I was still using org-mode in a local straight repository checkout
predating this fix in upstream:

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=65def05f6c6f7ce706a0116ad666c86eb0ecdae2

  lisp/ox-beamer.el: Fix face definition
  * lisp/ox-beamer.el (org-beamer-tag): Fix face definition.

Updating my local repo fixed it.

Thinking about it, I probably should stop using straight at all for
org-mode, as I seem to update Emacs more often lately than the straight
repos.  In this setup the old checkout from straight shadowed the
correct code in upstream Emacs.  Another interesting way to shoot my own
foot :/

Thanks!
  Detlev