Modifying org-quote blocks

From: Divya Ranjan
Subject: Modifying org-quote blocks
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 15:30:12 +0000

I have been trying to modify my org-blocks that pertain to quotes. I have tried
setting the variable `org-fontify-quote-and-blocks` to `t` but that doesn't
really do anything. I still get `fixed-pitch` font in quote blocks. I would
want to be able to modify the background and font nature of quote blocks, for
e.g., changing the `fixed-pitch` font to `variable-pitch` font and maybe change
the background color a bit.

I also intend to set the text inside any quote block to be automatically
indented and italicized, so that it looks promimnent from the rest of the text.

I have tried to look through the mailing list to find something, but what I got
[0] wasn't really of much help, would be glad if someone can give me a hint or
two.

[0]: https://lists.gnu.org/r/emacs-orgmode/2018-11/msg00238.html

Regards,

Divya.