Re: Modifying org-quote blocks

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Modifying org-quote blocks
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2024 21:15:34 +0000

[ Adding Org ML back to CC to keep the conversation public ]

Divya <divya@subvertising.org> writes:

>>> I have been trying to modify my org-blocks that pertain to quotes. I
>>> have tried setting the variable `org-fontify-quote-and-blocks` to `t`
>>> but that doesn't really do anything.
>>
>>There is no such variable in Org mode.
>>Maybe you meant `org-fontify-quote-and-verse-blocks'?
> Indeed that's what I meant, it was a typo, my apologies.

On my side, using the latest stable Org mode version, after setting
`org-fontify-quote-and-verse-blocks' to t (it must be set before loading
an Org file), text inside quote blocks is correctly fontified using
org-quote face on my side.

You can check faces using M-x describe-text-properties with point inside
quote block.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,