Re: Things got very slow: profiler output

From: Bruno Cardoso
Subject: Re: Things got very slow: profiler output
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2024 20:19:08 -0300

On 2024-03-12, 12:43 +0000, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net> wrote:

> Profiler data does not make sense here.
> In any case, I tried to make fontifying newlines after folds slightly
> faster on the latest main:
> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=c9b655f27
>
> If you are lucky, it should help.

Hello,

For me this improved the situation a bit, but I still get significant
slow-downs as before.

I don't know if it is related, but if I set a property (C-c C-x p) in a new
heading with no drawers, I'm unable to unfold the newly created drawer (TAB
over it does nothing), although I am able to fold/unfold other already existent
drawers as expected. This also happens in `emacs -Q' (org-version 9.7-pre
release_9.6.20-1280-g7653e5).

Besides the profiler, which still blames
`org-fold-core--property-symbol-get-create' for the slow-down, is there some
debugging configuration I should try out? I tried setting

(setq org-element--cache-self-verify 'backtrace)
(setq org-element--cache-self-verify-frequency 1.0)

but it does not signal any error.

Best,

Bruno.