Re: [Pre-PATCH] Overhaul of the LaTeX preview system

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [Pre-PATCH] Overhaul of the LaTeX preview system
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2024 22:14:30 +0700

On 18/04/2024 03:11, Корякин Артём wrote:
Maybe I could somehow rewrite shell-quote-argument using advices ?
Maybe some more global changes is needed for emacs on windows ?

Please, evaluate the following expressions e.g. in the scratch buffer:

    shell-file-name
    system-type
    (w32-shell-dos-semantics)
    (w32-shell-name)

On Windows `shell-quote-argument' should use an escaping strategy quite different from POSIX systems. Disclaimer: I do not have a Windows box, so it is unlikely that I could help with further steps. Perhaps other functions should be used to deal with file names.