emacsconf-org

Re: EmacsConf planning decisions: two or three tracks? honorifics in tal

From: jc@tlo
Subject: Re: EmacsConf planning decisions: two or three tracks? honorifics in talk intro?
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2023 07:59:33 +0900

> On Sep 28, 2023, at 0:22, Sacha Chua <sacha@sachachua.com> wrote:
>
> Hello, folks!
>
> Would anyone like to weigh in on the following decisions?
>
> https://emacsconf.org/2023/organizers-notebook/#three-tracks
> by 2023-10-13
>
>    Three-track advantages:
>        More space between talks for streaming the Q&A
>        Easier to explain the schedule
>        More logical grouping
>        Ends earlier, which is easier for participants from Europe
>    Three-track disadvantages:
>        Needs more volunteers (host, IRC, pad)
>        Needs more computing power (will probably need to spin up another node
> for VNC+OBS)
>        More fear of missing out for participants

What's best for "us" in your opinion ?

How many volunteers do we need ?

Participants can always catch up with the videos,

> https://emacsconf.org/2023/organizers-notebook/#honorifics
> by 2023-11-14
>
> TODO Do we want to use honorifics like Dr.? :decision:
>
>    OPTION: Consistently using names without honorifics, even if indicated in
> the speaker-submitted intros:
>        Equality
>    OPTION: Asking speakers if they want us to use any honorifics in their
> intro:
>        Observes personal preferences

I like this one. We can also say that we prefer not to use honorifics (it's not
an academic conference) but we respect people's preferences.

JC

--
Jean-Christophe Helary @jchelary@emacs.ch
https://traductaire-libre.org