emacsconf-org

Re: EmacsConf planning decisions: two or three tracks? honorifics in tal

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: Re: EmacsConf planning decisions: two or three tracks? honorifics in talk intro?
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2023 10:47:07 -0400

Max Thibodeaux <maxt1@mac.com> writes:

Hello, Max, all!

> Three tracks is the best policy if you’re more than 75% sure that you
> can round up the volunteers. I really enjoyed volunteering last time,
> and I agree with JC below that people can comb over the videos post
> conference so that they can squeeze all of the juice from the
> conference. This plus the advantages you mention outweigh the
> alternatives.

Hmmm, maybe we can continue with the plan for 2 tracks (15 minutes
between live talks) as the default since that's what I can probably
handle if I need to bounce between tracks to launch stuff, and then
increase it to 3 tracks depending on submissions and volunteer
coordination. I think speakers won't mind a little reshuffling of the
schedule if it gives them more time for Q&A.

I added a third option for testing three tracks just for Sunday morning,
which reduces the volunteer time commitment (vs the
three-track-whole-conference plan) and allows us plan for ~20 minutes
after each talk instead of 15 (vs the two-track plan). You can see it at
https://emacsconf.org/2023/organizers-notebook/#three-tracks-sun-am

Sacha