espressomd-devel

Re: [ESPResSo-devel] CONFIGTEMP feature

From: Tristan Bereau
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-devel] CONFIGTEMP feature
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2016 08:04:14 +0200

Hi Florian,

CONFIGTEMP computes the configurational temperature of a (sub)system.
It estimates the temperature from the interaction potential, rather
than the more usual definition based on the kinetic energy. I've so
far only implemented it for a few interaction potentials. Whether you
want to have this feature in ESPResSo is something I let you decide,
but I don't think it would be easy to implement without accessing the
core, since it relies on force derivatives. If you wish to keep it in,
I'm happy to provide documentation, otherwise we can remove the 1 or 2
relevant git commits. Let me know.

Best,
Tristan