Re: [ESPResSo-users] Applying an External Field

From: Kai Szuttor
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] Applying an External Field
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 23:55:34 +0100

Hi,

so maybe I misunderstood what you want to do.
If your force just depends on the x position you can just have to write
an tcl interface for the parameters and then you can add the respective
force in espresso/src/core/external_potential.cpp in the function "void
add_external_potential_forces(Particle* p)".
So there are two possible ways:
  - construct an external potential an write it to a file in an Espresso
    compatible format
  - implement what you need as I suggested above.
Option 1 may be slower but more easy if you are not that familiar with the
Espresso core.

Cheers,

Kai