Re: [ESPResSo-users] FENE+LJ bond

From: Sebastian Bindgen
Subject: Re: [ESPResSo-users] FENE+LJ bond
Date: Tue, 21 May 2019 09:55:34 +0200

Hey!

You are mixing two things here.

As I recall from your last mail you want to model polymer chain. Thus, you need to model two things:

(1) The unbounded potential between monomers via the LJ/WCA interaction.
(2) Bonds between these monomers. These bonds are only adding an interaction between two monomers in a linear chain. The other monomers are not effected by them.

The way you added the two potentials is not very reasonable.

Please refer to: https://journals.aps.org/pra/abstract/10.1103/PhysRevA.33.3628 for detailed instructions and parameters.

Sebastian