flower-general

[FLOWER-general] feedback piece

From: Nell Roy
Subject: [FLOWER-general] feedback piece
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 08:05:42 +0200

An awkward scrawl and hername misspelled.
CaptainBartlett, keeper at Setuckit, had not, so it said, led his crew tothe helpless schooner. He paused, giving his attention to the horse, which had strayed offthe road. It wasdisturbing enough and sufficiently alarming of itself. Wallie was polite to the verge of obsequiousness. I thought I wrote you plainenough, but it looks as if you didnt quite get a hold of it. But, so far as that goes, I didnt praise Wallie much.
What should I want to talk with you about, inparticular?
Hewas keeping out of the way, they opined; perhaps he was writing tohis wife ashore.
These accounts were brief, but in one ofthem was a hint of trouble at her fathers station. Things like that are what folks, especially the women folks, talkabout in a place like Orham.
I am glad I found it outbefore I saw father. Hewas not in the least fearful of the outcome. I guess Homer is popular enough, so far as that goes.
I always used to like him, same aseverybody else did.
Bartlett, at the time, was far tooagitated and irrational to think or speak connectedly. Father was ill and I am afraid he still is, she said.
Oh, I dont know as I meant anything in particular.
She made no answer and, turning, he became aware that she waslooking at him intently. Father was ill and I am afraid he still is, she said. And, if what Iveheard is true, explaining would be a pretty hard job. I suppose likelyyou know whats happened down at your fathers station? I didnt believe him, and Isaid so, quite plainly. Its all right for me to take him, aint it? This was brief, but he made it as straightforward andhonest as he could. The letter was long and hard to read, but Norma read it all severaltimes.
These accounts were brief, but in one ofthem was a hint of trouble at her fathers station.
Seems to me that was takingconsiderable on your shoulders. I aint got time to waste with a gang like this.
Well, he couldnt get it no other way, could he?
Now, now, dont say any more; let me finish.
The papers, when they came,contained none of the promised particulars.
I suppose likelyyou know whats happened down at your fathers station? I am glad I found it outbefore I saw father. He must be dreadfully sick, ever so much moreso than I thought.