Re: [freesci-develop] win32 build

From: James Albert
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] win32 build
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2005 03:58:21 -0500

You need to make sure that the gfx_console.c file is in the project files, but those symbols should be commented out. At least I comment them out on my compiles and the console still seems to work fine (with the required definitions to have it compiles with console support). I think there's been some updates to the console code in glutton and the old stuff hasn't been purged yet, at least it looks that way form the source.

- Jim Albert :-)

P.S. November's getting eaten up by NaNoWriMo (nanowrimo.com), but I'll be back on the bandwagon come December.

Chris Kennedy wrote:
Hi Matt,

Linking...
freesci.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol con_gfx_init
freesci.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol con_hook_command
freesci.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol con_hook_int
freesci.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol con_init
freesci.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol con_parse
freesci.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol gfx_update_conf
freesci.def : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol version_parse
Release/fsci.lib : fatal error LNK1120: 7 unresolved externals
LINK : fatal error LNK1141: failure during build of exports file
Error executing link.exe.

You might also want to add these things to the .def file so they are exported from the freesci DLL.

Actually, they are in the .def file. Hmmm. (They aren't commented out, either)