Re: [freesci-develop] Release Candidate 1: Please Test

From: Christoph Reichenbach
Subject: Re: [freesci-develop] Release Candidate 1: Please Test
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 03:36:47 -0700

Tobias,

On Fri, Feb 22, 2008 at 11:28:33AM +0100, Tobias Preclik wrote:
[...]
> For instance:
> Do you truly wish to start from the beginning again?#GWillst du wirklich
> wieder ganz von vorn beginnen?

  This is almost identical to the approach to localisation in SCI0,
except for using `#' instead of `%' (as Lars pointed out recently).
It shouldn't be hard to support this, but for the time being it's a
missing feature.

> The translations seem to be always seperated by #G. I suppose that is
> mutlilingual support. Though I did not really install the game but
> copied the resource files from the various disks into a single
> directory. Does the installer alter any of the language resources?

  I doubt that.  Sierra didn't do that with any of the games I've
played.

  Thanks,

-- Chrsitoph