Re: Future of autotools

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: Future of autotools
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2023 16:04:27 +0000 (UTC)

On Tuesday, 11 July 2023 at 17:27:02 GMT+8, suzuki toshiya <mpsuzuki@hiroshima-u.ac.jp> wrote:

> If somebody wants to try to make autotools to support the building
> of Qt5-based ftinspect, new configure should be added to freetype-demos,
> to check the availability of the extra libraries for ftinspect?
> Or, such check should be added to existing freetype/configure, even
> if libfreetype itself has no dependency with them?

This is definitely a "me too" moment. Am in the middle of ripping out the librsvg code and replacing it with skia in ftview/ftgrid, and rather annoyed that librsvg is detected in freetype2's configure rather than freetype2-demo's own. Freetype2 itself definitely has no dependency on librsvg and cairo!