Re: The COLRv1 hook code (Re: FT_Bitmap and FT_BitmapGlyph life cycles)

From: Hin-Tak Leung
Subject: Re: The COLRv1 hook code (Re: FT_Bitmap and FT_BitmapGlyph life cycles)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2023 14:34:16 +0000 (UTC)

On Thursday, 20 July 2023 at 09:04:09 BST, Brad Neimann <brad.neimann@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Perhaps it is easier just to show you what I have - this is already
> > functional and I can even switch COLRv1 palettes in ftgrid
> > (screenshots the usual place).

> …and where is this ‘usual place’? I can’t see screenshots anywhere.

They are being added to the bottom of:

https://github.com/HinTak/harfbuzz-python-demos/tree/master/skia-adventure

I have a COLRv1-emhanced ftgrid where the "C" key (normally for switching colours for glyph outlines in glyf mode) which cycles through the palettes - it also changes the status line on the side saying what palette number it is on.

Still on having freetype demos telling skia to do stuff and receiving rendered coloured bitmaps back :-). Just moving further on from skia rendering SVG to skia rendering COLRv1. Some of the 7 palettes are obviously for dark backgrounds - I probably should have this info out. How clear do you see things being interesting for palettes 0 to 6?