Re: ttfautohint's functionality from the removal of the infinality patch

From: Alexei Podtelezhnikov
Subject: Re: ttfautohint's functionality from the removal of the infinality patch
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2023 08:09:52 -0400

> "Better" is your personal opinion. Anyway, I think some of others' "personal
> opinion" (different from yours) is simply based on familiarity - some people
> are just more familiar with MS/Apple rendering, and therefore prefer it. In
> the end of the day, FreeType is not MS/Apple font scaler. Fact.
>
> As long as v38 is different from v40, some part of it is closer than v40 to
> MS/Apple's. Also fact.

Not necessarily! This might be different in the opposite direction.
The "fact" that v38 is closer to Microsoft has to be shown. Also,
replication of Microsoft was *never* stated as an Infinalit goal.
BTW https://github.com/pdeljanov/infinality-remix
... still no mention of Microsoft as gold standard.

I am just saying what I know: Infinality was never *closer* to
Microsoft than v40.