Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only

From: Noah Slater
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2008 17:14:42 +0000

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 02:23:46PM +0000, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> I'd like to see the FSF and all its advocates stop their effort at
> retronaming Linux as GNU+Linux

Retronaming? Are you kidding? Next you'll be saying that Free Software
is an attempt to retroname the Open Source movement. Revisionists like
Linus and ESR do real damage to the Free Software movement, we need to
work hard to undo thier harmful work.

> putting the backs up of many people who are on their side to start
> with,

You mean like Linus and his merry men? Or perhaps ESR and the OSI?

Ha. Sure.

--
Noah Slater <http://bytesexual.org/>

"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far as
society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman