Re: Growing FSFE Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: Growing FSFE Re: [Fsfe-uk] BBC's DRM Iplayer windows only
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2008 12:53:11 +0000

"Dave Crossland" <address@hidden> wrote:
> This sounds like a general endorsement that applies the Open Font
> License's weak copyleft, which I hope to start a discussion about on
> the OFL list shortly and look forward to your contributions there, MJ
> :-)

I don't think I've ever complained about OFL's weak copyleft.  It was
the supertrademark clause which was the main trouble.

[...]
> I hope that you've engaged the FSF about all the specific drawbacks
> you see in SFDL.

I'm locked out of the consultations, as explained at
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.org.fsf.europe.discussion/1092
- that bug keeps recurring and it seems I cannot reopen the report.

Francesco Poli has broadly similar concerns to mine, such as
but I've not seen any positive FSF response, only "can't do"s like
http://gplv3.fsf.org/comments/rt/summarydecision.html?filename=%3C%%20%20%%3E&id=2287

How is it possible to engage the FSF these days?  It seems that the
only route left is causing small explosions and they're expensive to
free software and probably harmful to FSFE's good work.

Regards,