gcl-devel

Re: Compiler design reference sought

From: Chun Tian (binghe)
Subject: Re: Compiler design reference sought
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 20:41:04 +1100

Sorry, I should really try again before sending the last email. The
"tangle0.lisp" I extracted, can indeed be compiled by GCL 2.7.0 in a few
seconds:

>(compile-file "tangle0.lisp")

;; Compiling tangle0.lisp.
;; End of Pass 1.
;; End of Pass 2.
OPTIMIZE levels: Safety=0 (No runtime error checking), Space=0, Speed=3
;; Finished compiling /Users/binghe/Lisp/AXIOM/axiom-code/books/tangle0.o.
#P"/Users/binghe/Lisp/AXIOM/axiom-code/books/tangle0.o"
NIL
NIL

P.S. The full "tangle.lisp" from AXIOM source code, when compiled by GCL
2.7.0, is really low. But now I don't have confidence to say anything
like "infinite loop" now. Perhaps it just needs some more time, e.g. 10
minutes.

--Chun