[Gnash-dev] OpenGL debugging

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] OpenGL debugging
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 23:26:25 -0700

I found a cool GPL'd program tonight called Bugle (http://bugle.sourceforge.net) that traces OpenGL execution. Now I'm hoping to track down the code that prevent the movie from being displayed correctly. So far I don't see anything obviously different between the standalone player and the plugin version. I get weird patterns instead of the movie, but since I can render the hardcoded graphic from the player where the movie frame gets displayed, I don't see any problems with X11 visuals, depth, etc...

So it's obviously a problem someplace in the layers of ::display() code for the classes. I'll be digging through this virtual method line by line till I can find the problem.

Under the thought that the more eyeballs the better, here's the two logs I produced from a simple test movie, which is just a wrapper for a small jpg.

http://www.welcomehome.org/gnash/bugle-sdl.log  - The standalone player
http://www.welcomehome.org/gnash/bugle-firefox.log - The plugin player