[Gnash-dev] VC7 portability coming soon

From: Dima Codreanu
Subject: [Gnash-dev] VC7 portability coming soon
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 04:01:21 -0800 (PST)

I have been doing a port to visual C++ some time ago. I have succeded of course, but I had no time to post it and now, the current version of gnash has changed too much, and I am synking the modifications again.
I recall Rob has done a port to cygwin, and there were some functions that we both implemented (I left his versions), but still, somethings didnt work right in vc7 as they did in mingw.
I will post my modifications as soon as I have a clean portable version in sync with the new sources on CVS.
I have reduced my modifications as much as possible, most of the times with just some #ifdefs.
I will also post a fully configured solution file that builds the project, as well as all the aditional packets it took to compile gnash in VC7. I think it will be a good idea to include the packets, since it took me a lot of time to hunt down ports to several packets that gnash depends on, and it might be helpful for a developer planning to work in Visual C++ to have them instead of searching them on the net. Although it is always a good idea to search for a particular packet again, since it might be updated.

I just wanted to ask you guys, how do you make patches? is there a program for that? I have never worked on an OpenSource project before, and I migh need some help to get started. Is there a program that makes diff files from my files and the files on CVS? where do you put the patches?