Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Questions about trapezoids, triangle stripper etc.

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re[2]: [Gnash-dev] Questions about trapezoids, triangle stripper etc.
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 13:32:39 +0200

Hello strk,

s> See bug https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=17385.
s> I'm looking at it and I think this is related to what you're talking about.

It seems that fontlib.cpp generates bitmaps for each glyph in the
movie. I think it does use this bitmap cache below a certain text
size (that's why bigger fonts are not anti-aliased AFAIK).

It would probably be best to (again) let the renderer handle this,
meaning that a single glyph is just like a typical character
definition. The renderer can create it's own cache on demand.

This, in turn, means that glyphs are always rendered at play time
which should eliminate that problem. Also, we have probably better
control over caching mechanism (one could disable caching completely
to save memory or maximize it for speed).

Again, the base render_handler class would probably use the same
method Gnash currently uses (creating bitmap caches).

Any caching mechanism for the drawing part should go into the renderer
class...

What do you think?

Udo