Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Boost-linkage

From: Markus Gothe
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: Boost-linkage
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 17:24:36 +0200

>   You can do this by configuring with --disable-shared. Right now the
> plugin has zero dependencies on any other Gnash libraries, and the
> plugin *must* be dynamically linked anyway so the browser can load it.
> Why not just use the shared libraries ? For Gnash, it probably doesn't
> matter either way, but I'd be curious why. Other than compiling time, I
> don't really see an advantage to making the Gnash executables statically
> linked.

Ahh, yes --disable-shared is good. Then we can see unused linkage etc by
the binary. Only makes sense for that kind of tasks (and speeding up
compilation time), so you're probably right then. Might speed up
starting time(?), unless we run 'prelink'. However I'll fix the plugin
to always be built as a DSO.

//Markus