Re: [Gnash-dev] dangers of intrusive_ptr misuse

From: Martin Guy
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] dangers of intrusive_ptr misuse
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 20:15:04 +0000

The attached testcase contains a "forbid-deletion" mechanism making debugging
easier. We might want to add this to gnash as well when facing similar problems

If possible we should keep the code complexity down rather than
introducing more high-powered custom mechanisms, otherwise it'll be
hard ever to shake the bugs out of it, and it'll leave traps for
future programmers who may now know exactly which dance they have to
perform to allocate and free objects safely... even if that means
using some standard GC.

 /\   Keep it simple!
Esattamente!