[Gnash-dev] class gnash::path

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] class gnash::path
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:09:56 +0100

Current gnash::path class stores an array of style "indexes"
being integers referring to the styles table associated to
a DEFINESHAPE tag (gnash::shape_character_def).

This might be inappropriate for the drawing API as everytime
we define a new style using MovieClip.lineStyle() or
MovieClip.beginFill() we'd have to add a a style to the table,
and possibly check if one is already available ...

Also, this makes gnash::path depend on the existance of a
gnash::shape_character_def in order to be useful.

Given we're going to modify the path at runtime, depending
on a character_def derivate class is a wrong design, as character_def
is defined as the "Immutable definition of a character".

Does anyone feel like suggesting a refactoring of this part
of Gnash ?

--strk;

 ()   ASCII Ribbon Campaign
 /\   Keep it simple!