Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: from Hong Yu: partial progress of debugging Gnash-cv

From: Markus Gothe
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: from Hong Yu: partial progress of debugging Gnash-cvs with new FFmpeg
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 02:32:15 +0100

We?  The royal 'we'?

On 5 Feb 2008, at 12:17, Hong Yu wrote:

Currently we are further modifying Gnash-cvs source for the option '--enable-media=ffmpeg' and have had the following plans:
[1] Modify 'configure.ac' and set the default value of 'media_handler' to be 'gst'
[2] Create directory 'libmedia/ffmpeg' and copy the current program dependencies 'AudioDecoderFfmpeg.*', 'sound_handler_sdl.*', 'VideoDecoderFfmpeg.*' under the directory
[3] Rename the directory 'libmedia/sdl' and exclude it from build temporarily
[4] Modify files 'Makefile.am' accordingly wherever necessary
[5] Create files 'ffmpegNetStreamUtil.*' in the directory 'libmedia/ffmpeg', and move the utility classes 'raw_mediadata_t', 'multithread_queue<T>', and 'AudioResampler' from 'server/asobj/NetStreamFfmpeg.h'
[6] Create files 'NetConnectionFfmpeg.*' in the directory 'libmedia/ffmpeg' and copy partial implementation of 'server/asobj/NetConnection.*' of Gnash-0.8.1, which is invoked in 'server/asobj/NetStreamFfmpeg.*'
[7] Test and debug the above changes with YouTube

We will post our debugging results with YouTube soon afterwards. And look forward to your helpful suggestions!

Best regards,

Hong Yu

Hong Yu wrote:

We would be very happy to cleanup our patch to comply with your new media abstraction. But I need to first invest more time learning from the source code. It would definitely shorten my learning curve, if you would provide more suggestions on Gnash's new media abstraction design?

Best regards,

Hong Yu