[Gnash-dev] Brief configure testing results

From: John Gilmore
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Brief configure testing results
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 01:43:39 -0800

I updated to current CVS (no branch) using Fedora Core 6, and found
that autogen.sh still works fine.  Also, ./configure without arguments
complained that the kde devel libraries were not there, with an
unfinished message:

        ERROR: No KDE development package installed!
               To disable the KDE gui,
               reconfigure using --enable-gui=<list-of-guis>
               and omit kde from the list.
               When the option --enable-gui=... is omitted,
               the default is the same of --enable-gui=kde,gtk
               To be able to build the kde gui,
               install the KDE development environment from http://kde.org
               or .deb users: apt-get install kdelibs-dev
               or .rpm users: yum install <something-else>.

The correct <something-else> is "kdelibs-devel".  I did a yum install
of it, reran ./configure, and it stopped complaining.

On the second run, ./configure said:

        KPARTS plugin enabled (default). Use --disable-kparts to disable
            KDE plugin will be installed in /usr/lib/kde3
            KDE service will be installed in /usr/share/services
            KDE config dir will be in /usr/share/config
            KDE appsdata will be installed in /usr/share/apps/klash

/usr/share/apps/klash?  Didn't we rename it to kde-gnash or something?

I've made some minor typo and readability corrections to the man pages, but
I want to see if I can get the docbook stuff working before checking
them in.  Here's an example:

  <refsect1><title>Description</title>
  <para>
    Dump information about the .sol files used by the SharedObject
    ActionScript class.
  </para>

  <para>
    When the Gnash player plays a Flash "movie", the movie can contain
    scripts.  These scripts can call ActionScript classes.  One such class
    is SharedObject.  SharedObject creates shared objects, which end up
    stored in your computer's file system.  Soldumper prints these files,
    which are comprised of a header, and a
    collection of SWF AMF Objects that the movie is seeking to share.
    When using other flash players, these objects are not viewable by the user.
    Soldumper cures that.
  </para>

Is that accurate?

        John