[Gnash-dev] Alignment in AMF data

From: Justin Dick
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Alignment in AMF data
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 22:35:14 -0700

Hi -

I'm getting bus errors on my system in amf_read_value().  Specifically, the buffer appears to contain a NUMBER_AMF0 type, which is then reinterpreted as a double.  The problem is that the position in the buffer (well, the memory address of the double) is 0x101c2d33, which is not aligned to the size of a double.  This fails on my MIPS machine, which has strict alignment rules.

Is it legal to pack data like this in an AMF stream?  Or do I have some other data corruption issue higher up the call stack?

Thanks,
Justin