[Gnash-dev] code freeze coming...

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: [Gnash-dev] code freeze coming...
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 08:55:43 -0700

Since it's now Feb, and I just got back from LCA, I figured I'd mention
the code freeze should be in 2 weeks, after FOSDEM, so here's your
warning. :-)

Stuff that's already done is fixing the kde4/qt4 support, piles of bugs
fixes, and improved MIT-SHM support enabled by default. We can now build
xpi packages, although that still needs more testing.

For this release, I'm planning on having the alpha release of Cygnal,
which is now handling RTMP, HTTP, and RTMPT reasonably well, I fixed a
bunch of bugs while traveling.

Hopefully the XV hacking will be done, I'm looking forward to the
performance improvement on lower-end hardware like the XO. I'd also like
to be able to have errors from the VM, like missing codecs, be able to
pop up a dialog box for users.

I'm sure there are other things that should be done before the code
freeze I'm spacing out. I guess the avm2 branch won't be migrated to
trunk unless somebody has time to stabilize it. Can anyone think of
anything else ?

Unlike previous releases, I'd like to make this a much more firm code
freeze, and not have piles of new development be done *after* the
freeze, which has often delayed the release. So let's get all that last
minute stuff done now, while we still have 2 weeks left.

It's appropriately -10C here in CO, a nice change from 39C temperatures
in Tasmania. :-)