[Gnash-dev] some haXe hacking

From: Jonathan Crider
Subject: [Gnash-dev] some haXe hacking
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 11:31:18 -0600

I've learned some interesting tidbits about haxe while trying to port some ming test cases. A useful page from their documentation is at:

http://haxe.org/doc/advanced/magic?lang=en

The "magic" identifiers on this page allow you to bypass some of the haxe compiler checks to call AS3 functions. The __new__ identifier ended up being useful to me while writing the Array_as.hx test case. I imagine the __instanceof__ identifier could be useful to since I've seen that around in some of the test cases.

Jon Crider