[Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash] Gnash output to an OpenGL texture

From: mendez
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash] Gnash output to an OpenGL texture
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 16:57:59 +0200

  Let's move this to the gnash-dev list... Gnash is more for announcements.

Oh, sorry. I didnt know I had posting rights in this list too.

  I just did a fresh cross build, only took 15 minutes. :-) To speed
things up, set CXXFLAGS=-O0, as compiling without optimizing is
considerably faster. I also use -j6 all the time on a multicore machine,
which works great as long as you have enough memory.

Sounds good, I will try that.

  Hum..., I'll have to check. Building with SDL on mingw works for me...

Hmmmm... ok, my linking is now failing, it seems not to be able to find the libs although they are in the path it says it is looking. It also pops a few warnings that it does not have a real file for library (warning at the end of this email). I am not sure whether that is related.

The error that I get is:

libtool: link: i686-pc-mingw32-ranlib .libs/libgnashcore.a
i686-pc-mingw32-ranlib: Warning: could not locate '.libs/libgnashcore.a'. reason: Value too large for defined data type
make[4]: *** [libgnashcore.la] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/mendez/Sandbox/Gnash-latest/trunk/libcore'

Could you please post the configure line that you used, and whether you added some CFLAGS. It might be that I have to tell it to use a specific folder.

       Erick

And the warning was:

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lboost_date_time.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libboost_date_time and none of the candidates passed a file format test *** using a file magic. Last file checked: /usr/i686-pc-mingw32/sys-root/mingw/lib/libboost_date_time.a
*** The inter-library dependencies that have been dropped here will be
*** automatically added whenever a program is linked with this library
*** or is declared to -dlopen it.