Re: [Gnash-dev] iPlayer using gnash

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] iPlayer using gnash
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 17:24:17 +0200

> 2, Which documents are you using for your actionscript reference?  I
> notice that you have a property NetConnection.isConnected, but
> according to the flash 9 specs
> (http://livedocs.adobe.com/flash/9.0/ActionScriptLangRefV3/flash/net/NetConnection.html)
>  there is only a property NetConnection.connected.  My feeling is that the
> iPlayer code may be calling one of these functions that are unimplemented and
> failing silently to progress the RTMP negotiation pass the
> NetConnection.connect phase.

That's documentation for ActionScript 3. The iPlayer uses ActionScript
2, which is also the only version implemented properly in Gnash.

Almost all properties in AS2 are either implemented, or logged as
unimplemented. If you find one that is silently unimplemented, it's a
bug. I don't think there are any missing NetConnection functions.

There are online docs for AS2. Also see tests in
testsuite/actionscript.all, which highlight some mistakes in the
official documentation.

> 3, What is the process for pushing patches upstream?  Do I send them
> to the list?  I would be happy to send the initial work I have done to
> get the code compiling somewhere for review.

Send a patch to the list or leave it on the tracker at savannah.

--
Yes, YouTube does work in Gnash
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/

Benjamin Wolsey, Software Developer - http://benjaminwolsey.de