Re: [Gnash-dev] Stuttering Playback due to Blocking Reads

From: John Gilmore
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Stuttering Playback due to Blocking Reads
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 03:03:48 -0700

> I would try to help in designing the tests though, if anyone would like
> to start a discussion on the mailing list.

It would be great to see that stutter go away.  I haven't looked at
the guts of the I/O and parser though.  Would you want to test that
ultimately the same exact set of bytes gets downloaded by a flash
movie, even if they come down in a different order?  Or what's the
behavior or assumption that the code is getting now, that you are afraid
will break?

I'm surprised that we're still parsing Flash (ActionScript?  Or just
Shockwave-Flash style timelines?) while video is arriving.  I'd have
figured that before the interpreter calls for video to start, it's
already been read in and parsed.  Perhaps we can just fix the calls in
the timeline parsing; would that get rid of the bulk of the problem?

        John