Re: [Gnash-dev] audio Plugin and codec error messages on youtube

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] audio Plugin and codec error messages on youtube
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 15:45:53 +0100

Am Sonntag, den 10.01.2010, 01:45 -0800 schrieb Christian Brend:
> I saw your reply on
> http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg05276.html, and I
> have a probable noob question. How do you configure with
> --enable-media=ffmpeg, or a better question is what does it mean? My
> issue is when I'm on youtube a popup says

It is a compile-time flag that you will only want to use if you are
compiling Gnash, but ...

> MediaHandler::createFlashAudioDecoder: Couldn't find a plugin for
> audio type audio/mpeg! --
> MediaHandler::createFlashAudioDecoder: no available FlASH decoders for
> codec 10 (Advanced Audio Coding)

... this simply means your ffmpeg library has no support for AAC. Gnash
has two options for a media handler - ffmpeg and gstreamer - but both of
them end up using ffmpeg for decoding AAC.

What you need is a more recent version of ffmpeg with AAC decoding
enabled, and the version of Gnash you have (assuming it uses gstreamer
as a media handler) should start playing sound.

bwy

--
Use Gnash, the GNU Flash Player!
http://www.gnu.org/software/gnash/