[Gnash-dev] address@hidden: [osflash] Lightspark partial support for you

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] address@hidden: [osflash] Lightspark partial support for youtube]
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 21:20:14 +0100

Good news from lightspark !

--strk() { if (avm2) system.exec(lighspark); }

----- Forwarded message from Alessandro Pignotti <address@hidden> -----

Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 20:24:51 +0100
From: Alessandro Pignotti <address@hidden>
To: address@hidden

Hi everyone,

progress on Lightspark is going full speed. The last achievement was to
correctly generate and partially render the youtube player layout. As you may
have heard (http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg06009.html)
Youtube has moved to Flash 10 and AS3 to provide some HD content, while
maintaining the old AS2 based player (which is of course supported by gnash)
for lower quality videos.

Right now lightspark is able to execute all the complex AS3 code which
generates the UI of the player, and the request to download the video is also
executed. I've tested the requested URL and it actually works. So we can
consider lightspark good enough to download the video file.

I'm going to implement profiling support for AS as the next step, and I'll
spend some time optimizing code. The profiling data will be generated using the
callgrind format, also used by valgrind, so that the wonderful kcachegrind
tool can be used to visualize it. This means that soon Lightspark could also
be useful as a profiling tool for Flash applications.

Cheers,
Alessandro Pignotti