Re: [Gnash-dev] Problem about porting gnash plugin to Android

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Problem about porting gnash plugin to Android
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 14:56:19 -0600

On Sun, May 09, 2010 at 10:49:43AM +0800, ???? wrote:
> I am porting gnash plugin to android platform (the browser is Chrome
> Lite). Since Chrome Lite is base on webkit, it  also use NPAPI for
> plugins. So i try to port the gnash plugin for mozilla to chrome
> lite. But I have found some  problem. I have succeed to compile the
> plugin with the android ndk r3. The problem now is the

  I'm curious how you did this, as ndk r3 doesn't support C++... I had to
buiuld my own toolchain to cross compile Gnash.

> g_io_add_watch() function  didn't work (the G_IO_IN or G_IN_HUP event
> never happen). I guess that is because android chrome lite didn't use
> g_main_loop for main loop, so all the event we add have never been

  Actually, I don't think you want to use AIO, as the Linux implementation
sucks. All g_io_add_watch() does is poll on the file descriptor to see if
there is activity. You could easily duplicate this by using a timer, which
then calls select().

  I haven't tried Gnash in Chrome-Lite, but it works fine in Chrome on my
desktop.