Re: [Gnash-dev] NetConnection And NetStream

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] NetConnection And NetStream
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 17:43:53 +0100

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 09:45:46PM +0530, George Thomas wrote:

> >   Well, RTMP support is sort of implemented in Gnash, not just once, but
> > twice. Unfortunately those implementations are mostly standalone
> > libraries, and not fully integrated into Gnash itself.
> >

> Will have a look at understanding the existing support and will try to get
> the code organised so that everything works.
>
> I was thinking of using red5 as server and getting tests running with it
> and adding cases to regression framework during the course. Also found
> cygnal to contain code for RTMP but did not explore completely.
>
> Is it the best way to go about things ?

I think red5-based tests would be the reference ones.
Our testing framework supports "expecting" failures, so you can focus
purely on the tests before starting to work on the code. It is important
that tests fully pass with the reference player.

> But as strk suggested earlier, I was looking into issues with youtube after
> using the patch. It looks to be giving errors
>
> 23298:1] 11444: ACTIONSCRIPT ERROR: Reference to undefined member
> [string:bufferTime] of object [object(gnash::NetStream_as):0xb3438330]

Please take the chance to improve the testcases.

> this was happening for other members as well that I moved to the prototype.
>
> As a solution I was trying (haven't found yet) to see if the prototype
> members can be converted to members of the object when flash7 or flash8 is
> used.

Yes, it can be done, but please improve the testcase so that it gives you
these failures as well (with your patch).

> Also in that case shold we expect ValueType.tNull (as in
> classes.all/net/NetStream_as.hx) to be return type or should it be same as
> that of the prototype ?

What we shoudl expect depends on how the proprietary player behaves.
You need to test it, or ask someone to run the SWF to tell you, if you can't
do it directly.

Sorry I haven't had time to test your changes yet.
Things break easily around here, I can't stress enough that testcases are
of upmost importance. For exactly this reason.

--strk;

 http://strk.keybit.net