Re: Data Calls - No Carrier

From: C. Kemp
Subject: Re: Data Calls - No Carrier
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 12:56:47 +0100 (BST)

Just a thought - if you want to check that it is the rlp version that is
the problem, you could change rlp-common.c in common/data/ so that at
least the call would be made.  It will probably soon hang up since the
compression will complain...but I guess you should reliably get CONNECT.

Just look for the function XID_Handling and change

                /* Version Number - force to 0 for now */
                RLP_VersionNumber = 0;
                frame->Data[count++] = 0x11;
                frame->Data[count++] = RLP_VersionNumber;

                /* Version Number - force to 1 for now */
                RLP_VersionNumber = 1;
                frame->Data[count++] = 0x11;
                frame->Data[count++] = RLP_VersionNumber;

Chris

P.S.  Actually I got it wrong - it is V42 - or rather the compression
spec in V42bis.