Re: Questions on smsd

From: Jan Derfinak
Subject: Re: Questions on smsd
Date: Mon, 9 Sep 2002 09:37:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Stefan Schoeman wrote:

Hi.

I'm sorry for late respond but I was thinking about you request.

> Would it be possible to only add the ability for executing an external
> program on reception of an sms and still RETAIN the database functionality
> as well ? Almost like loading 1½ modules ?

It is possible but I don't see effect of this module. If you have SQL
db you can add trigger on table and you can run stored function,
generate signal or run external program when new SMS is inserted.

If you really need this module you can very easy combine one of sql modules
with file module and add your own pluggin to smsd.

                                        jano

--
I don't want to start any blasphemous rumours
But I think that God's got a sick sense of humor