Re: Mac OS X 10.2.1 - 6310i !(?)

From: Joshua Clements
Subject: Re: Mac OS X 10.2.1 - 6310i !(?)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 22:39:22 -0400

Roddie,

That did the trick for me.  I've just now gotten gnokii to compile.

To get there from where you're at,
change the line in Makefile.global to NO_SHARED = 1 (currently not set)
that will get the archive libraries built. I don't know why autoconf doesn't set that up correctly. I think it does some checking for shared library support

Once you get here, the build will still fail when it tries to link in the library from above. to go forward, run ranlib on the offending library 'ranlib getopt/libgetoopt.a'

The last hurdle I ran into was the snprintf error message. to get past, I removed snprintf.o from common/Makefile. This was also checked for during autoconf, but I don't know how autoconf
works, so I can't fix it.

Josh

------------------------------------------------------------------------ ---------

Hello Joshua,

I got around this problem by copying the content of /sw/share/aclocal
to /usr/local/aclocal. I know this is a hack and it works only if
you're root.

It compiles ok then (with lots of warnings) but it doesn't link:

gcc -shared -o libgnokii.so cfgreader.o device.o gsm-ringtones.o
gsm-api.o gsm-networks.o vcal.o misc.o gsm-sms.o sms-nokia.o
gsm-bitmaps.o gsm-common.o gsm-encoding.o gsm-error.o
gsm-statemachine.o compat.o snprintf.o nokia-decoding.o vcard.o
gsm-call.o phones/PHONES.o links/LINKS.o devices/DEVICES.o
gcc: unrecognized option `-shared'
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _snprintf
snprintf.o definition of _snprintf in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib(snprintf.So) definition of _snprintf
ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _vsnprintf
snprintf.o definition of _vsnprintf in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/lib/libSystem.dylib(vsnprintf.So) definition of _vsnprintf
ld: Undefined symbols:
_main
make[1]: *** [libgnokii.so] Error 1
make: *** [common] Error 2