Re: Mac OS X 10.2.1 - 6310i !(?)

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Mac OS X 10.2.1 - 6310i !(?)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:54:33 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Ruotger.Skupin wrote:

> Hello Joshua,
>
> I got around this problem by copying the content of /sw/share/aclocal
> to /usr/local/aclocal. I know this is a hack and it works only if
> you're root.

Perhaps it whould be good to use ready configure cript (and other
generated things) from the tarball -- it should be generated in the
-current tarball.

> It compiles ok then (with lots of warnings) but it doesn't link:
>
> gcc -shared -o libgnokii.so cfgreader.o device.o gsm-ringtones.o
> gsm-api.o gsm-networks.o vcal.o misc.o gsm-sms.o sms-nokia.o
> gsm-bitmaps.o gsm-common.o gsm-encoding.o gsm-error.o
> gsm-statemachine.o compat.o snprintf.o nokia-decoding.o vcard.o
> gsm-call.o phones/PHONES.o links/LINKS.o devices/DEVICES.o
> gcc: unrecognized option `-shared'

./configure --disable-shared

> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _snprintf
> snprintf.o definition of _snprintf in section (__TEXT,__text)
> /usr/lib/libSystem.dylib(snprintf.So) definition of _snprintf
> ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _vsnprintf
> snprintf.o definition of _vsnprintf in section (__TEXT,__text)
> /usr/lib/libSystem.dylib(vsnprintf.So) definition of _vsnprintf

And this is the weirdness. It should be detected by the configure. Don't
you use configure?

> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _main
> make[1]: *** [libgnokii.so] Error 1
> make: *** [common] Error 2

When you'll use --disable-shared, this problem should go away.