unusual cable requirement

From: Tobie Kerridge
Subject: unusual cable requirement
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 11:03:06 +0100

Hi,

I'm using a DAU-9 cable with gnokii, everything is fine.

I'm now trying to build an application which uses the nokia 5110 sound; I want to run the phone's sound-out into my computer 's sound-in for DTMF analysis and recording to disk, and take the microphone line into my computer's sound-out, to issue recorded voice prompts.

I have this partially working using a modified hands-free kit (used a variable resistor and a few wires etc) but don't know how I could integrate this with the DAU-9 cable and retain a connection to Gnokii, which uses all of the handsets pins. I am prepared to take the phone apart and use the physical mic/speaker, but don't really know enough/have the confidence to go about this.

Has anyone seen or build a similar system, or have any technical details on the 5110 which might help?

best wishes,
Tobie