Re: Gnokii on Mac OS X

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Gnokii on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 13:56:07 +0200

Hi,

>>> address@hidden 26 May 2003 12:56:50 >>>
>       I would be very pleased to help the gnokii project,
> here is what I did to have the whole thing working on my mac:
> I finally succeded with a static compilation, not tried gtk yet.
>

> [Olivier-Kaloudoffs-Computer:~/gnokii-0.5.0] olivierkaloudoff%
./configure
> -disable-nls
> (please note that the -shared flag is not working
> with the standard compiler, use -shared-libgcc instead;
> how could this be integrated in the CVS ?)

I'm not sure what you mean here. Reading Docs/README-MacOSX:

[...]
4. call 'sh autogen.sh --disable-shared --disable-nls'
[...]

So ./configure --disable-shared --disable-nls should be enough to
build gnokii statically.

> [Olivier-Kaloudoffs-Computer:~/gnokii-0.5.0/common] olivierkaloudoff%
grep
> XPM /tmp/make
> XPM_LIBS = -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lXpm -lX11
> XPM_CFLAGS = -I/usr/X11R6/include
> (HOW should I customise this to have it work ?
> tried to export XPM_CFLAGS with the correct path,
> and make -e, but failed ... I must be missing something
> with make)

Currently you can't do it in the neat way. Workaround is to
set LIBS and CFLAGS environment variables.